Watonga, Oklahoma (73772)
- Cattle Extending Losses
- Following Monday’s losses, midday cattle futures are 10 to 30 cents in the red. Feb contracts are the outlier with a 10 cent gain at midday. Cash trade remains quiet. Feeder cattle are also lower through midday, giving back another 10 to 57 cents. The CME Feeder Cattle Index was...
- Tuesday Bounce for Cotton
- So far for Tuesday, front month cotton futures are bouncing back from their mixed Monday close. Gains are limited to 88 points for midday. Crop Progress data from NASS showed 86% of cotton bolls were opened as of 10/17. That compares to 88% on average. Cotton harvest had advanced 8%...
- Hog Market Falling for Midday
- Lean hog futures are flirting with triple digit losses. USDA’s National Average Base hog price was delayed due to packer submission errors, yesterday’s afternoon quote was $67.24. CME’s Lean Hog Index was $87.59 on 10/14, down by another $1.13. Pork cutout futures are mixed, but mostly weaker giving back 47...
- Mixed Midday for Wheat
- Wheat is trading in both directions through Tuesday’s midday. CBT SRW prices are mixed within 1 1/2 cents of UNHC. KC HRW futures are giving back a penny to 3 cents. MPLS HRS futures are higher with gains of as much as 5 1/2 cents. NASS reported 70% of the...
- Corn Red at Midday
- Corn is giving back the earlier session gains and is now lower on the day. So far prices are back to fractionally to 2 cents lower. Barchart revisited their corn production outlook for the October forecast. Their new cmdtyView Corn Yield was upped by 0.43 to 182.75 bpa. They also...
- Soybean Prices Fading for Midday
- Beans are giving back their double digit gains at midday. The board is still up by 7 1/4 to 8 1/4, though November is a dime off the high. Meal futures have also faded some, but are still $4 to $4.90 stronger. BO futures are trading 18 to 34 points...